I got the recipe from this website www.ditchthecarbs.com and followed the FAT HEAD PIZZA – THE HOLY GRAIL instructions for the pizza crust. The toppings were pretty much stuff I used on our original pizzas so that was my own thing. I also changed a few things around as I went so here is how I made it (with pictures and everything).
Ingredients for Pizza Crust:
1 3/4 cup shredded/grated cheese. (The website says to use mozzarella as the best choice but I kind of missed that part when I was making a list for the store and bought shredded/grated Parmesan cheese but it still tasted great so I was good).
3/4 cup almond flour/meal
2 tbsp cream cheese
pinch of Salt
sprinkle of Garlic Powder
sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
Ingredients for Pizza Toppings:
1 tbsp 5-cheese spaghetti sauce (in the photo I have a white pizza sauce picked out but I hated the taste of it so I switched over to the spaghetti sauce which added a couple of unexpected carbs)
2 Cups Italian style 6-cheese shredded cheese
1 medium orange pepper
25 slices pepperoni
For the crust:
1) Preheat the over to 425. Combine the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour in a microwave safe bowl, add cream cheese and microwave on high for 1 minute.
2) Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
3) Add egg, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and stir gently until it's all mixed together.
4) Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper. I put the paper directly on the pizza cooking sheet so I wouldn't have to to move it later.
5) Roll the dough out (I used a rolling pin) between the two parchment sheets until it's in a circular (I kind of got that), thin, crust.
6) Remove the top parchment sheet and make fork holes all over the dough to make sure it cooks evenly.
7) Slide into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until brown.
8) At some point in time chop the sweet pepper into whatever size you want. I like them chopped really small and I did that while the dough was baking.
9) Once the pizza is out of the oven, cover it in the sauce, sprinkle on part of the shredded cheese, add peppers and mix together with the cheese and sauce (it tastes better that way in my opinion. Add more cheese and pepperoni (I put the pepperoni on half the pizza in case Gabriel or Andy wanted any - note: they did not). Cover with the remaining cheese (I used a lot of cheese obviously).
10) Bake for about 5 minutes until cheese is all melted.
11) Let cool a little, slice and enjoy!!
This makes six servings and I was actually surprised by how good it was! The crust was very thin and crispy and I think I would have liked it more if it were a little more melted but, in general, it was really good and not too hard to make!
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 370 calories, 28 g fat, 794 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 sugar, 26 g protein.