1) I seem to be somewhat stuck with my weight. I'm trying not to obsess about it because I knew it would start to really slow down (if not stop) for a while, so I guess I'll take what I can get and only complain if there's a gain of some kind.
2) My back went out again yesterday, in the exact same place at on Saturday, so I'm being very careful with it, which led me to change up my workouts again. I did a lot (and I mean a LOT of research on how to deal with the back while still reaching my workout goals) and I discovered that
- Pilates, yoga and barre are really good for strengthening core and back even with a bad back as long as you're careful and, like I posted last week (or the week before), I have access to many DVD's for all these things and I enjoy them.
- I don't NEED weight machines at the gym to protect my back, there's ways to protect it as home and still work out which is really good because with my schedule for the next two weeks and other stuff going on, I may have a hard time getting there. I'm basically taking the gym month by month right now.
- I can find modifications and exercises that will specifically protect my back while still allowing me to work on weight/strength training which is my favorite workout to do
- the best cardio for me right now may just be walking!